One of the most popular musical instruments around the globe today is the guitar for sure. Almost everyone has the desire of buying a guitar and learning how to play it fairly well. It is quite easy to get interested in the instrument especially when there is so much to experiment with. However, most people quit half way because they cannot cope with the perseverance and persistence required to learn the guitar. It becomes a struggle for them.
There are tips and tricks that can help you learn the guitar far more easily and much faster than most people. You will need to dedicate time, and practise playing the guitar with fervour. These tips will just make it easier for you. The guitar is a versatile instrument that comes in various assortments, shapes, sizes and classifications. No doubt, learning to play a guitar can be a little frustrating if one doesn't know a few hacks to learning the basics faster. So join guitar classes in Kolkata and follow these tips.
Follow these tips if you want to learn the guitar easily
Getting the basics right is of utmost importance and it is the same in the case of a guitar, or any other instrument for that matter. It takes patience and understanding to get the basics right. Once you have the basics of the guitar down, you can improve yourself. Here are some of the most important tips that can help you learn the guitar quite easily:
- The left hand death grip: This is one of the most common mistakes that every beginner will make when learning to play the guitar. Initially, playing the chords is really difficult because the fingers on your left hand are not flexible enough to cover the right notes on the right strings. Therefore, to make it easier to reach the right notes to play a certain chord, people often use their thumb to press on the neck so that it can provide them some leverage to hold the chord easily. This restricts your speed of playing and your proficiency is reduced. This is to be avoided.
- Practise playing slow: As mentioned before, grammar and technique is everything. You need to make sure your technique and grammar is impeccable. That is why it is always advised that you play slow initially. There is no need to rush and play a hundred notes just because your favourite guitar player can do that. Playing slow increases precision.
- Don't fear chords: There are a lot of people fear the chords that are a little more complicated than the others. Well, if you want to play the guitar like a professional then you need to start trying to play the complicated chords as well. That way, you will have enough time to master them and you will be able to experiment more and play better.
- Strumming and coordinating: It is best to practise coordinating the left hand with the right from the beginning. That way, you won't have to spend time to get used to that separately. Strumming is the pattern in which you use the right hand to strike down on the strings at the hull of the guitar. Getting the rhythm right when strumming and coordinating with the left hand will take time so it is best to start early.
- Theory and practical: Theory of the guitar is definitely quite boring and twisted. However, if you do not know the theory like the back of your hand, your learning will be curbed and you will never be able to innovate and improvise. Also, the process of learning to play the guitar will not be easy at all.
These are the five basic tips that will help you to learn the guitar with ease. All you need to do is enrol at guitar classes in Kolkata follow them diligently and practise while keeping with a particular schedule.